Buy Stamps and Stamp Collections with Stamp Collection Center
Buy online or call: +1 310 699 5690
Buy online or call: +31 070 - 362 52 63

Glossary of Philatelic Terms W

 Click on a letter to see the terms beginning with that letter

A | B | C | D | E | F | G | H | I | J | K | L | M

N | O | P | Q | R | S | T | U | V | W | X | Y | Z



Want list: A list of needed stamps or covers, identified by catalog number or some other description, submitted by a collector to a dealer, usually including requirements on condition and price.

Water-activated adhesive: Stamp gum designed to adhere to envelope paper only if the gum is moistened.
Watermark: A deliberate thinning of paper during its manufacture to produce a semitranslucent pattern.
Web: A continuous roll of paper used in stamp printing.
Wing margin: Early British stamps from the side of a pane with selvage attached.
Wove paper: A paper showing few differences in texture and thickness when held to light. Wove paper is the most commonly used paper in stamp production.


PureCookie Example